CAMP VERDE SUMMER SWIM LEAGUE
Looking for summer swim team in Camp Verde? Click here
PRE-COMPETITION TEAM FUNDAMENTALS
LEARN TEAM BASICS
Kids who can swim one or more of the basic competition strokes for 12.5 yards are ready to join our Pre-Competition team. We work on stroke technique and building supporting swim muscles and endurance using games, drills, and relays. Children learn how to cooperate as a team and help one another improve skills.
This highly social group meets M-W-F from 4:30 to 5:30. We work hard for the first 45 minutes and enjoy a social interactive game for the last 15 minutes.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS: Children must be able to swim freestyle with their face in the water for 12.5 yards, taking breaths to the side. If your child can't do this but it comfortable putting their face in the water, sign them up for School Age Fundamentals instead and we can work on getting them ready for the Pre-Competition Team.
Price: $125/mo M W F 5:30 to 6:15 through May 27,2022
SWIM AMERICA SCHOOL-AGE
- Age: 6 to 10
- Classes: Taught in small groups 3 or fewer swimmers.
- Description: Levels 1-3 form the fundamental building blocks of learning to swim well including effective air recovery and propulsion. We teach with simple steps and patience the basic skills needed for water safety and beginning swimming. Expect lots of repeats as your child moves through introduction - practice and finally mastery. We are methodic, you can expect plenty of repetition to be used to train your child into a swimmer for life!
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- 1 x week
- Note: Levels 1-3 are the just the building blocks for learning to swim well.
- Mastery of levels 4 -10 will ensure your child is a strong swimmer for life
CURRENT AVAILABILITY (May 2022)
Location 1: Sedona Community Pool
Session begins May 3
Level 1-3 - Tuesday 5:30 TO 6 PM
OR Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. - NEW!
Level 4-6 - Thursday 5 to 5:30
Level 7+ - M-W-F 5:30 to 6:15 pm (pre-competition group)
See Swim America Level Chart in right hand column
Location 2 : Your Pool (Private, Resort/Hotel/HOA Community Pool)
All Levels - By Appointment
Some places that I have taught private one-on-one lessons for clients include Seven Canyons, Los Abrigados, Canyon Mesa, and the Hilton Resort.
*Note: If you have more than one child, they must be of similar ages and ability to have the lesson at the same time as their sibling; otherwise, we'll schedule time to do each lesson separately for best results.
SWIM AMERICA TEEN & ADULT INSTRUCTION
- WHO: people with a wide range of ability levels:
- Adults who have never learned to swim
- Those who are anxious in the water or have a fear of the water
- The athlete who competes in triathlon or wishes to compete in triathlon and is looking to gain efficiency and speed (if you're a fit runner or cyclist and can't understand how you can be out of breath after two lengths of swimming, this curriculum is for you!)
- The swimmer wanting to compete at the highest levels of USA Masters Swimming
- The open water swimmer who wishes to compete in long-distance, endurance swim events
Have you always wanted to learn to swim? Need to improve your technique?
Private or semi-private lessons at your pool location by appointment.
SWIM AMERICA PRESCHOOL
Water Safety, Floating, Air Recovery, Propulsion
Give your child a positive introduction to the water. In this program for kids ages 36 months to 5 years, kids will acclimate to the water, learn how to safely enter and exit the water, and explore their own buoyancy. We'll work on survival floating, rolling over on their back to recover air and yell for help, and work into propelling themselves to the side.
Classes presently filled; private lessons available at your location only March-April-May
COMING TO CAMP VERDE HERITAGE POOL JUNE 6 2022