Coach Sean is one of the few highly qualified experts in USRPT in the western United States. He’s produced national finalists, multiple state record holders, state champions, and swimmers with national Top 10 times.
His swim coaching career stretches back to 2002 when he coached at the Area Tallahassee Aquatic Club (ATAC) at all levels. Sean was able to improve the age group program from 23rd in the state of Florida up to 5th with a 13-14 junior national qualifier. He also produced several swimmers with National Top 10 times.
Since then, Sean has
- Produced swimmers for the Marietta (GA) Marlins as head age group coach and assistant senior coach that ranked in the 10 national Top 10 times, 3 state championships, and several state records. Under Sean's direction, Kylie Stewart had several No. 1 national rankings.
- Served as Assistant Coach at Sedona Red Rock High School in 2008 where he was instrumental in the team winning the State Championship.
- Coaches his own USA Swimming team since 2014. His swimmers’ accolades include:
- national finalists at the TYR Showcase Classic in St. Petersburg Florida,
- finalists at the Far Westerns in California,
- multiple Arizona state record holders,
- and Arizona state short course individual champions.
Sean’s love of competitive swimming began with competing in local summer leagues and on the Wheeler (GA) High School swim team. Sean swam for Florida State University where he qualified for several Junior Nationals and US Open swim meets. At Florida State University he studied Exercise Physiology and Sports Management.
Coach Jodi was a silver and bronze medalist at the National Sports Festival in 200 and 400 IM. She held state records as a 15-17 year old swimmer, and medaled in the Junior Olympics on a state and national level in 400 IM. In Feb 2020, Coach Jodi set a US Masters state record and took 3 gold and 2 silver medals at the state Senior Olympics.
She’s a USA Swimming Certified Swim Coach, Level 2 certified with American Swim Coaches Association, and a certified Program Director with Swim America. She’s also a certified lifeguard instructor with StarGuard Elite. Her educational background includes fitness and nutrition coaching.
Dedicated to helping people of all ages enjoy swimming and achieve their best in the water, Coach Jodi provides private year-round swimming instruction for all ages through our RPC Swim School,
When she’s not in the pool or on deck, chances are she’s writing about it! An internationally published writer, Coach Jodi is the author of Get Your Child Ready to Swim and our "Off the Wall" blog. She has an upcoming book for adults wishing to learn to swim.